TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Last updated April 26, 2021
The material listed on this order is subject to the following terms and conditions, which apply unless stated otherwise in writing by Schilling Management.
Online Return Policy
- Items can be returned when purchased from Schillings.com within sixty (60) days of receipt of merchandise. This excludes Closeout and Special Order items. Closeout items must be returned within (30) days of the receipt of merchandise. Special Orders cannot be returned under any circumstances.
- All online orders that are brought back to our retail store by the original customer are NOT subject to a restocking fee (this excludes cabinets and Special Order items). If the return must be shipped back, Schillings.com will provide a prepaid return label and will deduct the return shipping cost from the total refund. If the return is a local pickup via one of Schillings’ trucks, a 20% restocking fee will be deducted from the total refund. These deductions are excluded from returns due to damaged/defective merchandise and/or Schillings error.
- Returned products must be in unused condition, in the original packaging and contain all accessories, paperwork, and parts to ensure your account is credited.
- Refunds will be issued in the original form of payment (credit card, Pay Pal, etc.) after items have been received and inspected by Schillings. Items shipped back to Schillings will be credited within five (5) business days of receiving the item. Any item purchased online and returned to the store will be credited by our E-commerce department (not the cashier) and applied to the original form of payment within five (5) business days.
- For any questions, please contact Schillings.com toll-free at 1-866-910-0783, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out on the Schillings.com Chat.
- All stock kitchen cabinets must be returned in original factory sealed box with packaging and will be charged a 20% restocking fee.
- Credit will be issued only after inspection of cabinets by our distribution center in Cedar Lake.
Lumber and Building Materials
Some lumber and building materials are listed in nominal sizes. Please consult with management with any questions or concerns.
- All Natural Stone product will have characteristics that can include shade, color, and veining variations. All samples in Schilling’s showroom are not guaranteed to match (look, color, or characteristics) identically to product due to this being a natural product. Also, natural stone is very porous and must be sealed per manufacturer’s specifications, and should be sealed prior to grouting.
Hardwood Flooring Acclimation
- Hardwood products of all kinds including prefinished and unfinished manufactured products must be acclimated prior to finishing and installing these sort of products. They must reach the desired relative humidity and temperature of the area it is being installed in per the manufacturer’s specification or guidelines. Please read the manufacturer’s instructions thoroughly before installation; if missing from box/carton, please request a copy from the manufacturer.
Prefinished Hardwood Flooring
- The manufacturer’s finish warranty does not cover scratches, dents, cracks, or water damage that is found after installation. All wood can dent and all finishes can scratch.
All products are covered by manufacturer’s warranty only if applicable and available. Schilling does not offer warranty on any products that are sold. No Schilling employee will be able to offer or authorize a warranty of any kind. No warranty of any product or service sold by Schilling is offered or implied.
Special Order Material
Items that are not stocked at this retail location are considered a special order. A 100% deposit will be required to order any special order material for any and all cash sales. These items are non-returnable / non-refundable under any circumstance. All merchandise must be received by the customer within 30 days of Schilling receiving the material. Schilling Management reserves the right to forfeit any special order and/or deposit if material is not received by the customer within 180 days from the time the material is received onto Schilling’s property.
Buyer will not require seller to do anything which has the effect of releasing, waiving or surrendering Sellers Mechanic’s Lien rights. No waivers, either final or partial will be issued by the seller until the amounts on that waiver have been paid in full by valid funds. Buyer agrees to pay for all costs and finance charges, including reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred by seller in securing seller’s Mechanic’s lien right and/or recovery of debt in the event of payment default by the buyer per the terms stated on the credit application.
Schilling does not guarantee delivery dates or times but will use its best efforts to meet the dates set forth by the Customer. If material is delivered late, acceptance of the material will mean that Customer waives any claim that has risen because of the delay. Schilling will not be liable to buyer for any back charges, storage charges, or loss of income, interest incurred or labor charges because of any late delivery, non-delivery, substitution, or for any defect in materials listed or ordered.
Conditions of Delivery
All stock is carefully verified and re-checked before leaving Schilling’s yard and Schilling’s responsibility ceases upon delivery to Buyer’s destination. Buyer shall inspect shipments upon receipt/delivery, and if any errors or irregularities shall exist, they must report to Schilling immediately upon receipt of goods, otherwise no claims or adjustments of any kind will be recognized. Buyer will make arrangements to meet delivery and inspect shipment without delay to Schillings. Absence of buyer or his/her agent will constitute acceptance of all delivered goods, as is, where is. Buyer agrees that seller has no responsibility of product once delivered to Purchaser’s designated site. Buyer accepts receipt of goods and payment of debt for goods delivered.
Schilling accepts no liability and will not be held responsible for damage to driveways, garage floors, sidewalks, landscaping, or lawn by our vehicles, equipment, fluids, materials, or personnel if instructed by property owner, representative, or sub-contractor that are requesting our vehicles enter the job site premises. If requested to cross curb, proper care must be taken by the property owner to protect concrete or other materials from normal or reasonably expected construction site wear and tear from equipment or materials that may scratch, crack, or otherwise harm surfaces. Schilling accepts no liability for such damage. All deliveries are curbside unless indicated in writing by Schilling management and/or a driveway waiver form is completed and signed by the home/property owner.
These terms and conditions constitute a binding contract between the purchaser and Schilling. Purchaser acknowledges agreement and acceptance of these terms and conditions by making a purchase, placing an order, and otherwise taking receipt of a delivery. These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice at the discretion of Schilling Management.
Any and all errors made with shipping quantities, pricing, or customer information are subject to correction.